To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the PCC Secretary on 07789 065137.
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
The Parochial Church Council (PCC) of St John the Evangelist, Burgess Hill
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
The PCC of St John the Evangelist, Burgess Hill is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
The Church of England is made up of a number of different organisations and office-holders who work together to deliver the Church’s mission in each community. The PCC works together with:
- the incumbent of the parish (that is, our vicar)
- the bishops of the Diocese of Chichester; and
- the Diocesan Office of the Chichester Diocesan Fund and Board of Finance, which isresponsible for the financial and administrative arrangements for the Diocese of Chichester.As the Church is made up of all of these persons and organisations working together, we may need to share personal data we hold with them so that they can carry out their responsibilities to the Church and our community. The organisations referred to above are joint data controllers. This means we are all responsible to you for how we process your data. Each of the data controllers have their own tasks within the Church and a description of what data is processed and for what purpose is set out in this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice is sent to you by the PCC on our own behalf and on behalf of each of these data controllers. In the rest of this Privacy Notice, we use the word “we” to refer to each data controller, as appropriate.3. What data do the data controllers listed above process? They will process some or all of the following where necessary to perform their tasks:
- Names, titles, and aliases, photographs;
- Contact details such as telephone numbers, addresses, and email addresses;
- Where they are relevant to our mission, or where you provide them to us, we may processdemographic information such as gender, age, date of birth, marital status, nationality, education/work histories, academic/professional qualifications, hobbies, family composition, and dependents;
- Where you make donations or pay for activities such as use of a church hall, financial identifiers such as bank account numbers, payment card numbers, payment/transaction identifiers, policy numbers, and claim numbers;
- The data we process is likely to constitute sensitive personal data because, as a church, the fact that we process your data at all may be suggestive of your religious beliefs.4. How do we process your personal data?